Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fun with Friends

Today we had our friend Jaelyn spend most of the day with us. Jaelyn will be in 6th grade in the fall at Ava's school, and as she attends our same dance studio we spent most of last year carpooling with Jaelyn on dance days. Today we were taking her to the studio as well and it was easier to just have her spend the day with us rather than have to pick her up from her camp. I always am nervous that our older friends have fun with my girls in small spurts, but that having to spend several hours with these crazy kiddos will be too much for them.

As usual I was completely wrong. Jaelyn was dropped off, the girls went downstairs, and with the exception of lunch and a few snacks that was the last I saw of any of them. They were dancing, playing in our castle, and who knows what other fun they were having that I could not hear. They never argued or got upset with each other. I kept an ear out to make sure Jaelyn wasn't feeling annoyed or overwhelmed, and it at least sounded like she had a blast from the moment she got here to the moment she left. The best part for me? I was SUPER productive with all of my children so entertained. The great irony of course is that having had visitors only a few days ago, the house is still in pretty good shape so there wasn't as much for me to do as I would have liked. But I managed, and truly enjoyed having Jaelyn in our home for the day. I hope she comes back again very soon (and on a day when I have more to get done around the house).

No comments:

Post a Comment