Saturday, July 20, 2013

Home Sweet HOME

This morning, for the first time since Tuesday, I was here to greet my two younger daughters as they woke up. I went in and took Molly out of her crib at 7am, and she immediately began to tell me about all of the adventures she has had over the past few days. After a few minutes we went downstairs and turned on the television; shortly thereafter Jocelyn came down to join us. I snuggled with the two of them for a good half hour before their rumbling bellies got the better of them.

The rest of the day was just spent recovering as much as I could. I cleaned out the car and put most everything back where it belongs. I tried to take a nap, although Molly was up WAY before I was ready to be. There was a baby shower for one of my neighbors I was supposed to attend this afternoon, and I bailed. It was selfish, but I just couldn't get motivated to do any more than the absolute minimum today. Today I was just glad to be back in my own home, sleeping in my own bed and spending time with my husband and kids who I missed so much.

** The hotel we stayed at didn't have wifi (CRAZY!!) so I know I am a few days behind and need to find some time to catch up. Hopefully I'll have you all caught up on the blessings of this past week over the next few days**

No comments:

Post a Comment