Thursday, May 30, 2013

Silly Girls

This afternoon both Jocelyn and Molly made me laugh within an hour of each other. First, I had gotten each of them new water bottles for the summertime. Molly used hers a little, but Jocelyn must have downed at least 20 oz. in less than an hour. The result: quiet time was interrupted about every 15 minutes by a bathroom break. Each time I would hear Jocie say, "I have to use the potty AGAIN!?!" I chuckled to myself at Jocelyn's frustration from over-hydrating.

Just a short while later, Molly woke up from her nap. Instead of calling for me to get her as she usually does, I heard Molly start singing her favorite song - Call Me Maybe - to herself. It seems she knows much more of the song than the last time I heard her sing it, for she was singing several parts of the verses as well as the entire chorus. Most toddlers sing nursery rhymes; mine sings the latest radio hits. My girls can be just plain silly sometimes, and their silliness makes my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment