Sunday, May 26, 2013

Shopping Break

Today was another day outside - the girls played, Ben changed the oil in his car and worked in the yard. I had been doing something indoors but needed to come out and ask Ben a question. My next-door neighbor came out at the same time on her way to run a few errands. She invited me to join her, and on a whim I said yes and jumped in the car before I (or Ben) could change my mind. We were gone about two hours, and it was a really nice trip. LaTisha is probably even busier than I am, and so other than waving hi as we drive by each other we don't get to catch up much. This afternoon, we looked for clothes for our kids, picked up a few random things at Target, and talked about anything and everything. It was such a nice and unexpected adult outing. I am really glad LaTisha asked me to join her today, and that we got to become not just neighbors but better friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment