Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ballerina Wannabe

This afternoon we arrived at the dance studio for Jocelyn's class. I got her coverup off, put on her ballet shoes, and sent her in to class. Meanwhile, Molly had gotten out her own ballet shoes to put on. Several months ago I began to pack our smallest pair of ballet shoes in the dance bag so Molly could wear dance shoes too. (Often she demands to have her own shoes on.) Today, she had gotten one shoe on, so I helped her with the second shoe and tied the strings for her. Molly then stood up and said, "I go in and dance with Sister now." Apparently she thought the secret to getting into the dance room was to wear the correct shoes. I apologized to her and said that she couldn't go dance with Jocelyn today. She gave me her best pouty face and buried her head in my lap. It is pretty sweet how badly she wants to do the fun things her big sisters can. I love my little dance student hopeful, and can't wait until she gets to participate in a class of her very own.

No comments:

Post a Comment