Thursday, May 23, 2013

It's Raining, It's POURING

I am currently listening to a healthy thunderstorm outside my house. On a basic level, I am thankful tonight to live under a roof that keeps me, my family, and all of our belongings safe and dry. But more than that, I am blessed to have children that do not freak out about the weather. About 20 minutes ago, I was sitting at our desk in the study, which is directly under a window. All of a sudden, a HUGE flash of lightening lit up the room, while a loud clap of thunder sounded simultaneously. My native Floridian kicked in: I knew the lightening was incredibly close, and feared for our trees outside. Once we figured out all was okay, I realized that not one of my sleeping children made so much as a peep after that crash of thunder. My kids have never worried about the weather - not that we have experienced a ton of severe weather, but even on the rare occasion they do not seem troubled or worried in the least. In my life as a mom constantly having to wade through the minds of young children, I feel blessed that this is one irrational fear I do not have to battle. I will instead listen to the soothing sound of the rain as my sweet family sleeps through the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment