Saturday, May 25, 2013

Outside Play

Today my children played outside. All. Day. Long. They went outside just after breakfast, came inside briefly for lunch, and went back out until we dragged them in for dinner around 6pm. They played with the other kids on our street some of the time, on their own when others had their own meal or snack breaks. I honestly don't think it ever occurred to me that my children would get to have these kinds of experiences. In a world where there is so much danger for children, I didn't think my kids would be able to play outside all day long. It is such a blessing to live on a street with other families who get along and look out for each other. I do not let my guard down, nor do I take my children's safety for granted, but I embrace the feeling of community and family on our street and appreciate that my girls can have a fun-filled day outside in the fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment