Saturday, May 18, 2013

Security Momma

Today began with me praising God for a quiet night - after being up with Ava until 1am on Thursday night/Friday morning with nonstop coughing, last night I only heard Ava cough twice. Hallelujah for good medicine! Unfortunately, a good night does not guarantee for a healthy child, so today was deemed a quiet stay-in-the-house day. Which turned out to work out well, because Molly had one of her weird days when she had a low-grade fever for no apparent reason whatsoever. Medicine helped perk her up a little, but she spent most of the day cuddled up on my chest, hands by her face (how she likes to sleep). I have to admit, I had fully intended on cleaning my house all day today, and I was able to get a little done but not nearly enough. And yet, as much as I never want my children to be sick, there is little better feeling than being non-medical treatment for your child. Molly was weepy and out of sorts, but as soon as I would pick her up and sit down with her against my chest she would calm down. My children are getting older and bigger, so I know this motherly treatment will only logistically work a little while longer. So I accepted that my kitchen will be a wreck for one more day and loved on my baby girl. Because sometimes a mother's love makes for pretty good medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment