Saturday, May 11, 2013

Big Girl Good-byes

Today was full of fun activities. We started the day off with a birthday party, took a short break and split up between naps and dance practice, and then ended the night with a college graduation party. The best of my day came at the very end. I am the mom of three young children, which means just about every time we have to leave a fun event there is wailing and gnashing of teeth. This evening I gave the girls a 5-minute warning, then told them it was time to leave. Jocelyn and Molly proceeded to make the rounds, saying, "Bye, we have to go home now!" and giving everyone at the party a big hug. There was no whining. There was no protesting. I watched these little girls say their good-byes in a very grown-up way, and it made me smile. Every now and then my girls surprise me by acting older than their years. We had a great day that ended as happily as it began.

No comments:

Post a Comment