Monday, May 13, 2013

Miss Katy to the Rescue

Last night Jocelyn ended up feeling pretty under the weather. She didn't even make it through dinner, but bailed to change into her pajamas and headed to bed just before 7pm. I had hoped she'd be able to sleep it off, but she woke up an hour earlier than normal this morning burning up. Medicine helped make her a little more comfortable, but it became clear immediately that this would be a day spent at home resting.

Only problem with this: we were in DESPERATE need of a grocery run. I had wanted to go to the commissary on Thursday or Friday, but didn't find the time. I knew we'd have enough food to last til today, but just barely. My plan had been to head to the store after dropping Jocelyn off at preschool, but that obviously wasn't happening. As I was searching my brain to come up with a plan B, I mentioned on Facebook in a post how much it stunk to have a sick kid and no food in the house.

Shortly thereafter, I got a reply from our friend Katy offering to stay with my sick kid while I ran to the commissary. I would never in a million years would have asked anyone to do this, and under most other circumstances I would have graciously declined her offer. But seeing as how I had no clue what we would have for lunch, I took Katy up on her offer and left her for just over an hour with my puny preschooler and not-so-puny toddler. It was unbelievably kind of her to help me out, and made for a bright spot to a fairly gloomy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment