Monday, January 2, 2012

New year, new start

Hello and Happy New Year! I am about 12 hours late posting my first post of the year, but sometimes the computer powers-that-be have other ideas...

Yesterday I started off my year reminded how even when life doesn't go the way I think it should, God's plan is in fact always the better one. I took the older two girls to church in the morning (Ben was sick so I left Molly at home with him). When Mass ended we met up with Katy and Chris, friends we made a few months ago in a truly God-orchestrated way. One Sunday morning in late September or so, all three girls were AWFUL in Mass. I mean, I was not quite sure they would make it home in one piece, Ben and I were both so upset with them. As we were gathering our gear to escape the church as quickly as possible, I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Katy, coming up to tell us that while she was sure we were very upset with our kids, that it was wonderful we were bringing them to Mass each week, and while their behaviors might be appalling to us, no one else was nearly as bothered by them. We spoke a few minutes, and she went on to offer her babysitting services if Ben and I ever needed a date night. Since that Sunday, we have become good friends with these wonderful people, and the girls LOVE spending time with them. Each week on the way to church Jocelyn will as if we are going to see Miss Katy and Mr. Chris. Now, if my daughters had not brought out their inner hellions that day we would not have had reason to meet these wonderful people who have made our lives that much richer. Our friendship is a great reminder that not only does God often not lead us down the conventional path, but he also has a great sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment