Friday, January 27, 2012

The Miracle of Medicine

Today I am grateful for drugs. Grab your attention? ;) But really, as I think about today, there was more than once I was so glad that I live in a world with so many medical advancements. I am glad for the Claritin that helps Molly breathe better and keeps her from needing stronger allergy treatments. I am grateful for Tylenol and especially Motrin, both of which have helped my sick Jocelyn go from feverish and barely able to move to sitting up, wanting to play with her sisters and even get up and dance every now and then. Heck, this morning I was grateful for the genius who created a hot chocolate mix with as much caffeine as a cup of coffee, so a non-coffee drinker like me who was up half the night with a sick child could actually function throughout the day. I know there are many who are skeptical of the medical field and choose not to use medicine to treat their ailments. I in no way condemn such thinking, and I myself try not to take or give medicine unless it's really necessary. But I am very glad God gave us as humans the brains to come up with such effective ways to take care of ourselves and make everyday life healthier and therefore happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment