Sunday, January 22, 2012

Naptime!

Saturday was a bit of a long day. It snowed the night before, and there was really nothing that needed to be done outside the house, so we had a day in. This was fun for about the first 3 hours... then the girls started getting some serious cases of cabin fever. We survived thanks to many invented activities and times apart in different areas of the house. My saving grace for sure was naptime. I laid down with Jocelyn in my bed to get a little rest myself. I was clearly more tired than I realized, because I stayed in bed for almost 2 1/2 hours!! Now, I must admit I did not sleep that entire time - I woke up at one point to realize Jocelyn was gone to play downstairs. I could hear Ava and Jocelyn playing, and knew my mom was downstairs with them, so I just lay in bed until I could muster the energy to get up and rejoin the group. That break was such a gift - there is no one else I would not feel guilty leaving my girls with while I was lazy in the other room. I know there are many who would be willing to do this for me, but I have a hard time letting go of the hostess role and taking advantage of the extra help. I needed that naptime to recharge and reenergize, and was so glad that my mom was here to bring this ray of sunshine to my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment