Thursday, January 5, 2012

a Child of 2 Temperments

Today was, as many days, an up-and-down day for me and my second child, Jocelyn. She is a very physical child, and spends much of her time trying to subdue her sisters by pinning them on the ground against their will, chasing them around with an object held over her head, or acting in a way that she knows she shouldn't while completely ignoring my voice as I tell her to stop. Today we had more than one power struggle, resulting in yelling and tantrums and time outs (for Jocelyn, not me). However, amid this turmoil, in the afternoon Ben was home so I got to take a nap with Jocie in my bed, and just before bedtime she snuggled on my lap while watching a few minutes of TV quietly together. She can be our Texas Tornado, but she can also be very sweet, and I am choosing tonight to go to bed remembering and embracing this gentler side of my dear middle child.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should have a time out. I know I take them. Keeps me sane! "no, no talking to mommy right now, she's in time out!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should do a better job of taking a breather now and then - at least before the smoke starts coming out of my ears ;)

    ReplyDelete