Sunday, January 29, 2012

Glass Half-Full

Today was yet another day of ups and downs. As I sit to write this, however, I'm having to remind myself that it was not all fun and games, but had tough moments too. I don't know if it's from writing this blog of what, but it seems I am naturally ending my days letting go of the bad and embracing the good from my day. A nice revelation for sure :)

This morning started off EARLY. Not sure if Molly is teething or had a bad dream, but she was awake from about 2am until 4:30am, and demanded company. She finally managed to pass out with me on the couch in the living room for a few hours, but I definitely started the day off feeling like death warmed over. Regardless, I took Ava to Mass this morning and left Ben home with the sickies. I just really felt I needed my God-time this morning. Ava was SO good - I'm sure it helped to not have her goofy little sisters as distractions, but she was quiet and attentive and very well-behaved. We had lunch with friends, which is always a good time. Then this afternoon Jocelyn started feeling sick again. No real fever, but shakes and aches and overall puniness. Molly tried making up for last night by entertaining me with her ever-growing personality and antics, which today included sitting under our coffee table and insisting on calling me "Dada" each time I asked her to say "Mama." I ended my day taking Ava and Molly to a birthday party I was really too tired to bother with but knew Ava really wanted to attend. It was nice and gave the girls a chance to get out of the house and get some energy out.

I never know what my day will hold. There is many a morning that starts like this one, with an overtired and cranky Momma, and often I want to throw in the towel and call it a day before breakfast has been cleared. Slowly, I am learning that there are rarely days that are purely good or bad. There's a little of both in each day. My job is to focus on the good and take the bad with a grain of salt. I say I'm looking at the glass as half-full, but let's be real: my cup is more than full, it's overflowing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment