Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Mother's Love

Today my mom arrived for a visit. It has been almost 7 months since she was here last, and boy have we (especially I!!) missed her. Up until we moved to DC I had never gone more than 6 months or so without either visiting Texas or having my parents come and visit me. Now for many reasons the visits can't be as frequent. I can honestly say that as far as best friends go, my mom is a CLOSE second behind Ben... and on some days squeaks into the top spot ;) I am so glad she's here, and that I can share her with my daughters for the next few days. Ava got to come with me to pick her up from the metro and had some one-on-one time with Grandma before we brought her home; Molly took all of 2 minutes to make Grandma her new favorite cling-on; and Jocie dragged her by the wrist giving her the tour of the new house and snuggled with her before bedtime. It's not always ideal to live far away from the grandparents, but on days like this I hope that living far away makes the time we do get to spend together all the more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment