Monday, January 23, 2012

Books!

Today I made myself proud. I built two bookshelves. All by myself. Okay, so they're little double-cube storage boxes, but still. Ava and Jocelyn have floor-to-ceiling shelves on their wall from the previous owners, and they have been great for storing their myriad of toys and keepsakes. But for the past few months all of their books have just been sitting in piles on the floor. They have read only the 3 or 4 books at the top of each pile - I think they were afraid of spilling the piles of books if they tried to get a book farther down the stack. Now all of their books are standing upright as they should be. Once the bookshelves were assembled and the books put away, all the girls immediately pulled out books to read. My mom read to Ava, I read to Jocelyn, Molly turned pages on her own... it was wonderful. I have a great love for books, and am overjoyed to pass this love on to my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment