Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Deep Sleepers

I am TIRED. Probably because I was up with one child or another at least 5 times last night (after a while it all kind of blurs together). And now for the past hour I've been in with Molly on and off - seems whether she's teething or just moody, it's much more desirable to scream than sleep. It has made me appreciate what deep sleepers I have for daughters, however. (Let's face it, they get it from their Daddy - I've never been able to sleep through anything.) This morning one of my get-ups was to tend to a SCREECHING Jocelyn. I don't know if she maybe had a bad dream - she's been prone to night terrors for a while - but when I got in to her she could only complain that her comforter was not on top of her. Gently and patiently, I tucked her back in. As I was walking out of the room I realized Ava was still passed out, had not even flinched throughout the whole ordeal. How she can sleep through her sister screaming loud enough to wake the dead right next to her is beyond me. And just now throughout all of Molly's crying and screaming, no sound was heard from the other girls' room, which shares a wall with Molly's room. I don't know how they learned to sleep through the craziness of our house, but I am so thankful that the only sleep disrupted each night is my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment