Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pretty Nails

This morning I had nothing on my schedule while all three girls were in school. This is the first time that has happened in probably months. I actually went grocery shopping a day early to ensure this would be the case. Why? Because I wanted to get my nails done. I have tried for the past few months to make this my once-a-month me-time. This morning it was completely blissful to have an hour to sit and relax - to not have use of my hands to check email, make phone calls, or do anything "productive." I very nearly fell asleep sitting there. This new habit of mine is one I often have to force myself to continue - it's so hard even finding an hour each month to do something so frivolous - but I am determined to continue this for myself. Some time to recharge makes me a better mom, a better wife... a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment