Saturday, December 21, 2013

Molly's Birthday "Party"

This morning we celebrated Molly's birthday for what I think is the last time this year. We had her birthday "party." I put the word party in quotation marks because it was honestly not much of a party at all. This is the first year that Molly was really old enough to understand about her birthday and getting a party, and she has had her own idea for her party. For nearly two months now, she has consistently told me, "Mommy, I want my birthday party at my house, and I want Mason, Gresham, and Logan to come to my party." Mason is a friend from the dance studio, and Gresham and Logan are classmates of hers this year. I don't know why these were the three who made the cut, nor why she didn't ask for anything more extravagant or fancy. But seeing as how this party was supposed to be about HER, I did as she asked. In the end Mason couldn't make it, so we basically had a playdate with cupcakes for Molly and her two classmates. It was very nice - the kids all played while the parents sat and chatted. It really didn't seem like anything special, save for the cupcakes and birthday song, but it was exactly what Molly wanted. She was a very happy three-year-old today, and in the end that is what made the "party" a complete success.

the party guests playing Lincoln Logs together

chowing down on her cupcake with green (her favorite color) icing

three silly friends

No comments:

Post a Comment