Friday, December 13, 2013

Meditation Magic

This evening I did a bit of meditational prayer. I am sad to say I have slacked a bit in my prayer life the past few days, and tonight I felt it catching up with me. I have a few devotional books on my nightstand, and tonight I read through and meditated on two of them. It is simply wonderful how a few moments praying and lifting up my worries, stresses, and hurts have completely recentered me. Life is no different now than an hour ago. But my views and feelings toward my life have changed. It's a shame I do this to myself from time to time - let my relationship with God go by the wayside. Amid the stress and craziness of being a wife, mom, and woman, it is even more important that I actively maintain my spirituality. Without God as my rock everything falls apart. Tonight I feel blessed to be loved by a God who never stops forgiving and giving second chances to make tomorrow better than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment