Thursday, December 12, 2013

Early to Bed

Today was ROUGH for Jocelyn. Every few weeks it seems life in general just catches up with her, leaving her tired and unbelievably cranky. I had hoped that she would take a nap this afternoon, but circumstances of life made that not possible. Fast forward to 7pm, and the child had a meltdown of catastrophic proportions. I looked at her, and simply said, "Time for pj's, you're going to bed." That of course initially led to more wailing and gnashing of teeth, but by 7:15pm my middle daughter was in bed with the lights turned off. I cannot be positive that she went straight to sleep, but I can say that she did not reemerge from her room nor did I hear a sound come from the bedroom. I was grateful that she was able to settle herself and get some of the extra rest she so desperately needed. Hopefully tomorrow morning she'll awake a happier child, excited at the prospect of a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment