Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pick-Me-Up

Today I was in a funk. This in and of itself is not earth-shattering news - everyone has their "off" days, after all. What was weird for me is that usually if I am in a funk I know why. I had a strange dream, I am stressed about an upcoming event, I'm not on good terms with someone... whatever the reason, I can usually pinpoint the reason for my less-than-cheery disposition. Today I was making a conscious effort to identify what my problem was, and ultimately came up empty.

When Ben came home this evening, I was in the same crummy mood. He asked me what was going on, and I was honest with him: I'm in a funk and I don't really know why. He responded with, "What can I do to help?" My first thought and response was a request that he make the cookies I needed for teacher gifts tomorrow that I just wasn't excited about making. As soon as the kids went to bed, he pulled out the ingredients and made my cookies for me. It was a small thing for him to do that made a huge impact on my day. I am so blessed to have a husband who is so ready and willing to help in whatever way he can to make my day better. Tonight Ben was my knight in shining (and sugary) armor.

No comments:

Post a Comment