Sunday, December 29, 2013

Laundry Adventures

Today I am grateful for advances in the technology of clothes washing. I was pulling out of the dryer my fourth and final load of laundry for the weekend when I saw it: black spots on at least half of the girls' clothes. A similar thing had happened a few days ago when I was pulling out a load of laundry to find very similar spots on clothes. I had thought a pen must have been washed accidentally, but after combing through the entire load I had found nothing. Today at least I found a culprit in the form of a crayon wrapper - JUST the wrapper of a black glittery crayon. After having a calm conversation with Ava about not putting crayons in her pockets anymore (I did after all have to take responsibility for not having checked her pockets), I went about the task of examining every article of clothing. The clean ones got folded, the stained pieces got treated with some Oxy spray to be washed a second time. I was very grateful that for the entire time I had to tend to this load of laundry the girls not only occupied themselves but managed to do so peacefully. And while the stains did not come out entirely, after a second wash cycle most of the clothes can be considered wearable once again. So today I appreciate having solved the mystery of the black spots, having children who behaved while I had to tend to this minor crisis, and products that help clean our clothes so we don't have to walk around wearing spotty attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment