Friday, December 20, 2013

Marathon Day

This afternoon and evening were INSANELY busy. The timing worked out "perfectly" as it were, for me to drop off Ava at dance, take Jocelyn and Molly to Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday party, only to go straight back to pick up Ava and be home at 7:45pm. It was nothing less than exhausting. I had initially planned to just bail on the party, since I thought there was no way I would be able to swing it all on my own. When I heard the time would work out as well as it did, and I considered how excited Jocelyn would be to go to her friend's party, I knew this was a crazy plan I wanted to take on. For as tired as I was when we finally got home, I looked at three happy and fulfilled children and knew that it was all worth it in the end. I am not even attempting to be productive anymore tonight - that is my personal reward for surviving chasing after these little socialites all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment